After much anticipation, Dolby have come public on their new cinema sound format. Dolby® Atmos™ delivers audiences a more natural and realistic soundfield, transporting them into the story with a lifelike sensory experience. Developed with input from professionals throughout the movie industry, Dolby Atmos represents a dynamic shift in audio, reinventing the traditional surround sound methodology and offering a complete platform for sound now and well into the future.
- Integrates easily into existing audio postproduction workflows
- Supports up to 128 simultaneous and lossless audio streams
- Allows for up to 64 discrete speaker feeds
- Expands the creative palette with overhead speakers
- Adds side surrounds closer to the screen for improved transitions
- Works across a wide array of speaker configurations and auditorium shapes and sizes
- Simplifies distribution with a single DCP inventory